Skip navigation.

1 2 1

Taiwan/US: John/Jane/Sharon/Yaning

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Yaning's Mother


My name is Yaning Liu. Like Jane, I grew up in Beijing China. I am the only child of my parents who still live in Beijing. We used be a happy family of three.

In 1998, I came to the United States and studied at Vanderbilt University in Nashville. After graduated from the university, I moved to Phoenix, Fresno, and now live in Los Angeles, California.

My mother, Shuying Li, is a 63-year old retired physics teacher of Beijing Zhongguancun High School. She had been a teacher for 30 years. She was honored as an “excellent teacher” by her school. She began to practice Falun Dafa in 1995 after learned it from a colleague.

December 15, 2006, 8pm, three policemen from Shuangyushu police substation of Haidian District in Beijing barged into my parents’ apartment in Haidian District of Beijing. They said they had the order from above. They searched the apartment, once they found some Falun Gong books and CDs, they immediately arrested my mother. They even threatened to arrest my father who they knew doesn’t practice Falun Gong. They also asked if I, the daughter, am practicing Falun Gong in America. My father followed to the police substation but they told him that she had been sent to Haidian District Detention Center in Qinghe, Beijing. My father ask them on what ground they arrested my mother, they said somebody reported that she’s still practicing Falun Gong and no one could practice Falun Gong in China, not even at home, that’s “disturbing the law from being implemented”.

On December 20th, 2006, my father went to Shuangyushu Police Station again. The policemen said the search order is signed by the Chief of Haidian Sub-Bureau of the Public Security in Beijing and the matter is beyond their substation’s control. He has to talk to the Haidian Sub-Bureau.

Around January 29, 2007, the Labor Education Management Committee of the Beijing Municipal People's Government sent my father a notice. It said they intended to send my mother to a labor camp for two and a half years.

The notice advised us that within 60 days of receiving the decision, we could request the Beijing Municipal People's Government to do an administrative review. However, when my father went to the Beijing government to submit the request, the staff told him that he needed to get a power of attorney from my mother. Since they wouldn't even let my father contact my mother, how could he obtain the power of attorney?

to be continued...

posted by Yaning Liu @ 6:56 PM   

3 Comments:

At April 22, 2007 at 7:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i found it very interesting reading. I have read a lot about Falun Gong. See ya.

 
At April 24, 2007 at 2:00 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Yaning, I'm really saddened by your story. I hope your mother will be freed soon and everything will go well with her and your family. let's hope more people will stand out condemning Chinese communist government's persecution on Falun Gong practitioners. Let's hope that people in mainland China can freely practice Falun Gong, as in the rest of the world, not too far from today.

 
At April 30, 2007 at 10:27 AM, Blogger Yaning Liu said...

This is a horrible experience for my family. However, such things happened to millions of Chinese families since the community seized control of China in 1949. It is time for all Chinese people to see the evilness of this community party and specifically quite all kinds of its organizations we had been forced to join since childhood, for the sake of ourselves and our country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

AddThis Feed Button

I Power Blogger