Skip navigation.

1 2 1

Taiwan/US: John/Jane/Sharon/Yaning

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hongwei's husband

I'm posting the following letter from a fellow Falun Dafa practitioner, Hongwei, who's a friend of mine in L.A..
-------------------------------

My name is Hongwei Lou. I have been living in LA since I graduated from University of Cambridge in England. I have been trying to seek help by all means I could think of to rescue my husband – Dongwei Bu (David Bu) since he was illegally arrested as a Falun Gong practitioner in Beijing on May 19, 2006. I cried a lot till I had no tears. I am so desperate but have to be strong-willed because I still have a two-year-old daughter and elderly parents who need my help, though I cannot be their side at present.

David is a staff member of a U.S. organization -- the Asian Foundation, headquartered in San Francisco. He was a project manager of Asia Foundation's Beijing Office and responsible for providing legal aid to immigrant workers in China. It is ironic that such a person was illegally arrested without any legal aid.

My husband is currently imprisoned in a "Re-education through Labor" camp in China called Beijing Tuanhe Labor Camp only because he kept some Falun Gong books at home. He was arrested by seven Chinese policemen while he was staying at home. Later he was sentenced to 2.5 years re-education through labor (RTL) without even a trial or access to any lawyer. The whole process is totally illegal.

I have been enduring so many sleepless nights. My parents told me that our daughter has been missing her father badly for months. She always asked them one question again and again, " Where is mama? Where is
daddy?" My parents don't know how to reply but to tell her, "mama is in America." and avoid her question about her daddy. My daughter has to face such a tough life though she is only two years old.

Luckily more and more kind-hearted people are helping me and I feel much better now. Amnesty International has classified David as a prisoner of conscience and issued an urgent action worldwide to rescue him. For your reference.

Amnesty International: Urgent Action

We all know that prisoners who are noticed frequently receive better treatment than those who are rarely if ever asked about. Please find the photos of my husband attached.

Thank you for your concern about this issue.

Sincerely yours,

Hongwei Lou

posted by Jane @ 10:49 PM   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

AddThis Feed Button

I Power Blogger